The Lambs Are Ready, Are You?
About 10 years ago John noticed that people would park their cars on Mullan Rd so that they could watch the newborn lambs jump, run and play in the field. It was quite a sight and soon it was becoming a danger to park on Mullan Rd. John decided that he would open up the ranch and let people come in at a designated time every night (except Sun) and watch the lambs play. It soon became an event called the running of the Lambs. Later we added on a short educational tour, a petting zoo, a small store and a porta poty. It was such a hit that each year around April we do it again. People enjoy so much that we started selling products from our animals and keepsakes of the experience. Running of the lambs has been such a hit that starting this year we will have to have people reserve their slot so we don’t have 300 people on 1 night. Come learn and have some fun with us. Watch the updates so you can plan your visit.
Running Of The Lambs Farm Tours
We would love to have you visit us and see what it is all about! To make things easier on our staffing, please RSVP to what nights you are interested in coming out. We want to make sure we have enough support to keep this event as engaging as possible. When you come to the running of the lamb’s event, please be mindful of the guidelines for being a responsible visitor and having a safe, fun time.
- Drive slow……..remember, there are children, dogs and other animals running free on the farm.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing that you won’t mind getting dirty (Remember this is a farm, cowboy boots are brown for a reason, and when it comes to clothing, goats will eat anything!)
- Pregnant women are to avoid Toxoplasmosis by taking care around cat boxes. Some pregnant and birthing sheep can also pose a problem. Therefore, because of the possibility we would like pregnant women to be mindful and participate as per their own comfort level.
- Please don’t feed the animals climb on fences or put your hands through the fences, (fingers look like carrots).
- Listen to the directions given by our event helpers.
- Please only go where you are supposed to (Please respect the privacy of those that live on the farm).
- Please watch your children (we do care about their safety).
- Leave the gates as you find them.
- Please be careful when leaving as there are people everywhere.
- No smoking due to the potential health issues to others.
- Have FUN!
Running of the Lambs Tours
April 29th 2019-May 2019
Mondays- Saturdays — Starts at 7pm!